The Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens is an incredible bokeh master for your full frame and APS-Crop Canon EF-Mount cameras. This is an absolutely beautiful mid-telephoto zoom lens with a wide f/1.4 aperture – out to produce extremely sharp and high-quality images with its beautiful bokeh, in the out of focus areas of the image and perfectly designed to perform in low-light conditions.
Top highlights and specs of the longest focal length lens include an optical system to deliver unsurpassed performance as it features three FLD glass elements, two SLD glass elements and one aspherical lens element that helps to effectively reduce axial chromatic aberration in order to achieve high resolution along with ample peripheral light volume; special sealing has been applied to the mount connection, manual focus ring, zoom ring and cover connection which allow photographers to work in all kinds of weather conditions; a high-speed and high-accuracy auto focus is implemented to achieve those special shots and a super multi-layer coating to reduce flare and ghosting throughout its focal distance.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Short-telephoto prime, this 105mm f/1.4 lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 168mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Three F Low Dispersion (FLD) and two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element is used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contributes to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Large 105mm-diameter front contributes to improved peripheral illumination in order to reduce vignetting.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Protective coating has been applied to the front element and is both water and oil-repellent to aid in cleaning.
- Included rotating tripod collar features an Arca-type compatible foot for seamless use atop a tripod or monopod. This collar can also be removed from the lens, and a protective cover takes its place, for more comfortable handheld use.
- Lens hood is constructed from a carbon fiber reinforced plastic to remain lightweight yet exceptionally durable.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
|Lens Construction||17 elements in 12 groups|
|Angle of View (35mm)||23.3°|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (Rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||100cm / 39.4 in.|
|Filter Size (mm)||φ105mm|
|Dimensions (Diameter x Length)||115.9mm x 131.5mm|