The Sigma 18-200mm 3.5-6.3 DC HSM OS lens is the second addition to the Contemporary line from Sigma’s Global Vision. The Sigma 18-200mm lens was designed for APS-C sensors and features a new matte black finish, thermally stable composite material in its construction and smaller and lighter design then previous models. With exceptional performance, this 18-200mm camera lens does not sacrifice image quality for versatility. Having the ability to shoot from wide angle to telephoto is highly useful particularly for travel photography, landscape photography, street photography, portrait photography and nature photography. An improved minimum focusing distance of 14.7 inches paired with the use of Special Low Dispersion glass, the 18-200mm excels at bringing out great detail in close-up photography as well. A Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensures quiet, accurate and fast autofocus and an optical Stabilizer (OS) helps compensate for camera shake. Make this lens your all-in-one lens to handle any shooting scenario.
- Macro Capability
- With a minimum focusing distance of 15.4″ (39 cm) and a magnification ratio of 1:3, the lens also acts as a macro lens. The maximum magnification for each focal length is indicated on the lens barrel. The product name on the front of the lens has been engraved, rather than painted, so that when shooting reflective objects up close, the letters will not show up in the image.
- Thermally Stable Composite
- TSC has the same level of thermal shrinkage as aluminum, with little elasticity, especially in temperature changes. This gives the lens high affinity to metal parts, and results in slimmer mechanical parts.
- 7 Blade-Rounded Diaphragm
- The diaphragm creates aesthetically pleasing bokeh, or out of focus areas in images.
- Brass Bayonet Mount
- The bayonet mount on this lens is made from brass, which is highly accurate and durable, making this lens ideal for long-term use.
|USB Dock Compatibility
Sigma has developed special software (SIGMA Optimization Pro) that can update the lens firmware and adjust parameters such as focus.
|Lens Construction||16 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Angle of View||76.5º-8.1º|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||7 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||39 cm / 15.4 in|
|Filter Size (mm)||62mm|
(Diameter x Length)
|70.7mm x 86mm/2.8in. x 3.4in.|
|Weight||430g / 15.2oz.|