Nikon D780 DSLR Camera Body
Nikon D780 DSLR Camera Body
- 24.5 MP full-frame CMOS sensor
- ISO 50-204800 (Standard ISO 100-51200)
- 4K/UHD at 30p/25p/24p with zero crop factor
- 10-bit N-Log video recording
- 3.2" 2359k-dot tilting TFT touch-sensitive LCD
The Nikon D780 DSLR Camera Body is a professional full frame DSLR and the successor to the popular D750. Powering the D780 DSLR is a back-illuminated 24.5 MP full-frame CMOS sensor, EXPEED 6 image processor, and an intelligent 51-point (optical viewfinder) or 273-point on-sensor Hybrid autofocus system.
The large 24.5 megapixel full frame sensor provides the Nikon D780 to shoot rich and vibrant photos with excellent dynamic range and low noise. The sensor also provides an extended light sensitivity of ISO 50-204800 (Standard ISO 100-51200) for shooting in extremes of both very bright or very dark conditions.
The D780 is not just a stills camera but also a full feature video SLR camera. With features like 4K/UHD at 30p/25p/24p with zero crop factor; 10-bit N-Log video recording; Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG); focus peaking; and 1080p Full HD slow-motion video capture in-camera at up to 120p with audio the Nikon D780 will be right at home shooting commercials, feature films, and more.
Other top specs/features of the D780 include: 14-bit RAW image capture, up to 12fps burst shooting, 68 picture buffer when shooting 14-bit RAW, 3.2" 2359k-dot tilting TFT touch-sensitive LCD, Dual UHS-II SD card slots, and focus stacking from a focus shift shooting mode, weather sealing, magnesium alloy body.
24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Processor
51-Point Multi-CAM 3500 II AF Sensor
UHD 4K Video Recording
In addition to stills, the D780 utilises the sensor and processor combination to also realize highly capable video performance. UHD 4K recording is possible using either the full-frame area or a DX crop area in 30p, 25, or 24p frame rates and Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at up to 120p for slow motion playback. Files can be saved to the in-camera memory cards or as an uncompressed file to an optional external recorder via HDMI out.
Rounding out the video capabilities, the D780 also integrates the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximises dynamic range and colour grading control during post-production. HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) can also be used to produce HDR content. Other additions are the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
Additionally, beyond video recording, in-camera time lapse recording is also possible, with the ability to record sequential 2MP stills at 120 fps.
273-Point Hybrid AF System
- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder covers 100% of the frame with a 0.7x magnification.
- Large 3.2" 2.36m-dot rear LCD screen features a tilting design to suit working from high and low angles. It is also a touchscreen, and affords intuitive control over playback, menu navigation, and touch AF and touch shutter functions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless transferring of files and remote camera control from linked mobile devices via the Nikon SnapBridge app.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support the UHS-II standard for fast read/write speeds and enable more flexible file storage, such as overflow recording and in-camera file duplication.
- EN-EL15b lithium-ion battery provides approximately 2260 shots per charge.
We Also Recommend
Nikon D500 Digital SLR Camera Body