The Sigma 12-24mm f4 Art is a Full-Frame super wide-angle zoom lens for DSLR cameras. The 12-24mm f4 DG HSM is Sigma’s 3rd 12-24mm full frame zoom lens, and is part of Sigma’s top performance Art line. The lens incorporates only the best optical elements to provide edge to edge sharpness. The wide focal lengths of the lens makes it perfect for landscapes, architecture, interior, group shots, and star-trails. This lens model features a full-frame F mount to make it compatible with Nikon’s FX full-frame and DX cropped sensor DSLR cameras.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens’ is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- This wide-angle 12-24mm f/4 zoom lens is designed for full-frame format Canon EF-mount cameras, and can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 19.2-38.4mm equivalent focal length.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture provides consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
- F Low Dispersion and aspherical elements, including an 80mm large-diameter molded glass aspherical element, have been incorporated within the lens design to correct for chromatic aberrations throughout the entire focusing range and help to ensure high image sharpness, clarity, and contrast regardless of focus point or aperture setting. This optical design also helps to control distortion and limit vignetting.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Minimum focus distance of 9.4″ when shooting at 24mm for getting close to your subjects.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps to produce an attractive out-of-focus quality.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
- Dust- and splash-proof construction with rubber sealing to protect the mount and a water- and oil-repellent coating on the front and rear elements.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
|Focal Length||12 – 24mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||122° – 84.1°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.45″ / 24 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.9|
|Optical Design||16 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|