Sigma introduces the world’s first and only ultra-wide-angle 14mm F/1.8 DG HSM allowing you to get up close and personal with a subject and to produce an impressive high-level artistic feel to images with exceptional rendering performance. The Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM is designed for full frame Sony E-Mount cameras.
Top highlights of the ultra-wide-angle lens include a extremely fast f/1.8 aperture to produce beautiful bright and pin sharp images, as well as attractive shallow depth of field bokeh which is all thanks to its rounded 9-blade diaphragm; aperture range of f/1.8 to f/16.0, a lens construction that consist of 16 elements and 11 groups with FLD and SLD glass elements that helps to effectively reduce the chromatic aberration throughout its focal range, a large hypersonic motor (HSM) to deliver an impressive torque to the Autofocus for outstanding speed and a construction that’s been fully sealed with rubber to prevent dust and water from entering which is ideal for challenging conditions.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however it can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 21mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low and difficult lighting conditions.
- Three F Low Dispersion (FLD) and four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements, including one large, 80mm-diameter precision-molded glass aspherical element, help to minimize distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.