The Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM is a wide to standard zoom lens designed for APS-C DSLRs. Equipped with a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) and an Optical Stabilizer (OS), the 17-50mm boasts a large fixed 2.8 aperture throughout the entire zoom range. An OS allows for easier handheld shooting while the HSM ensures quick, accurate and consistent autofocusing. FLD glass elements (with performance equal to fluorite) along with two glass mold elements and one hybrid aspherical lens provide excellent correction of aberrations and allow for incredibly sharp images with great contrast. Super Multi-Layer coating reduces flare and ghosting while the lightweight and compact construction make it a necessary addition to any camera bag.
- This lens is for use with digital cameras with APS-C size sensors only.
- The DC designation on the barrel means that this is a special lens designed so that the image circle matches the smaller size (APS-C) of the image sensor of your digital SLR. Its specialized design gives this lens the ideal properties for digital cameras, including a compact size and lightweight construction.
- The 17-50mm f/2.8 offers Sigma’s OS System (Optical Stabilization) that allows shooting at shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would be otherwise possible, for sharper handheld photography even in low-light situations.
- Constructed with 17 elements in 13 groups, it features FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass which is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission. This glass has a performance equal to fluorite glass which has a low refractive index and low dispersion compared to current optical glass. FLD glass offers superior optical performance, equal to fluorite, at an affordable price.
- Its HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus.
Note: Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.
|Lens Construction||17 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Angle of View||72.4º-27.9º|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||7|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||28 cm / 11 in|
|Filter Size (mm)||77mm|
(Diameter x Length)
|83.5×91.8 mm/3.3×3.6 in|
|Weight||565g / 19.9oz.|
|OS – Optical Stabilizer Function
HSM – Hyper-Sonic Motor
EX – EX Lens
DC – DC for Digital*Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.* For Pentax mount, if the camera body does not support HSM, auto focus will not be available.* OS function is not available for Sony and Pentax mounts.*The appearance, specifications, and the like of the product may be subject to change for improvement.