The Sigma 18-300mm 3.5-6.3 DC HSM OS Macro is another impressive addition to the Sigma Global Vision Contemporary line. With a 16.6x zoom ratio covering focal lengths from wide to telephoto, this lens also offers a 1:3 macro ratio. The Sigma 18-300mm Contemporary was designed for APS-C cameras where it equates to a 27-450mm lens and incorporates state-of-the-art Sigma technology. An enhanced optical stabilizer (OS) compensates for camera shake, while an optimized hyper sonic motor (HSM) ensures quiet and fast autofocus. Four FLD (performance equal to fluorite) paired with 1 SLD glass elements capture incredible sharp and contrasted images, all the way through the focal length. Utilizing top quality glass, the Sigma 18-300mm Contemporary controls aberration, even at the telephoto end to produce high quality images. Working with the USB dock, this lens allows for firmware updates when available and adjustment of focus parameters.
Utilizing a Hyper Sonic Motor for autofocus ensures quick, quiet, and accurate focusing, all the way to the lens’ minimum focus distance of just 15″. A lens hood is included with the lens and it is compatible with Sigma’s USB Dock for installing firmware updates and adjusting focus.
- Lens construction with 17 elements in 13 groups
- Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting for higher contrast images
- “F” Low Dispersion, or FLD, glass is designed with performance similar to flourite elements with a low refractive index and low dispersion for minimizing chromatic aberration as well as clearer and sharper imagery
- Special Low Dispersion, or SLD, glass elements assist in providing greater clarity and contrast to an image
- Maximum magnification ratio of 1:3 or 1:2 with optional AML72-01 close-up lens
- Features a front 72mm filter thread
- Eligible for Sigma’s Mount Conversion Service