Truly a revolutionary product, the Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM is the first wide-angle to standard zoom lens to achieve a large aperture of 1.8. Designed specifically for APS-C sized sensors, the Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 translates to 27mm-52.5mm on 35mm camera. Tapping into Sigma’s long history of lens innovations, the 18-35mm 1.8 DC HSM incorporates a wide glass molded aspherical lens with Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass to compensate for aberrations and curvature at the widest angle. Internal focusing and zooming allows for more usability and functionality. The 18-35mm is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still life, snap shots, casual, and close-ups and the Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensures smooth, fast and accurate auto focusing. The use of Thermally Composite Material (TSC) reduces size and weight but increases the lens durability. Its new Global Vision design works with its compatibility with the Sigma USB dock for further customization. A 9 blade rounded diaphragm also creates beautiful background blur. The Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 DC HSM is a new benchmark in photographic history and a must have for every camera bag.
- Art Lens Line
- This lens is part of Sigma’s Art line; deeming it well-suited to creative image making due to its large, constant f/1.8 maximum aperture and ability to produce aesthetic bokeh by way of a nine-blade circular diaphragm. The range of focal lengths it covers, from wide-angle to normal-length, is nicely situated for everyday and artistic shooting applications.
- Optimized Lens Design
- Four aspherical lens elements, as well as the incorporation of five SLD glass elements, help to minimize the appearance of distortions and aberrations throughout the zoom range and provide clear imagery with enhanced sharpness. A Super Multi-Layer Coating also benefits the image quality by reducing reflections and flare and contributing to greater overall contrast and fidelity.
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor
- The Hyper Sonic Motor provides fast, quiet, and smooth auto focusing that is well-suited for use with video applications. This AF motor can also be manually overridden at any time by rotating the focusing ring, giving you the ability to fine-tune image sharpness through manual focusing.
- USB Dock
- Compatible with Sigma’s USB Dock and Sigma Optimization Pro software for fine-tuning your lens’ performance, updating its firmware, and better suiting it to your needs.
- Other Lens Features
- Constructed using a TSC compound material, this lens is lightweight while also exhibiting notable durability and resistance to environmental changes.
- An internal focusing and zooming mechanism helps to maintain a consistent overall lens length and a non-rotating front ring facilitates more efficient use of circular polarizers.
|Lens Construction||17 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Angle of View (SD1)||76.5º-44.2º|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||28 cm|
|Filter Size (mm)||72mm|
(Diameter x Length)
|78mm x 121.0mm|