Produce absolutely beautiful high quality and pin sharp images for unprecedented visual experiences with the latest ultra-wide-angle Sigma 20mm F/1.4 DG HSM Art lens with exceptional rendering performance throughout its focal range, all in this amazing compact and robust construction. This lens model is specifically designed for Sony E-Mount DSLR cameras
Sigma has packed a variety of advanced function into the 20mm F/1.4 DG HSM Art lens which include a large-diameter aspherical lens that’s oil and water repellent which is perfect for challenging conditions; two FLD and five SLD glass elements which helps to effectively reduce transvers chromatic aberration which is normally occurs around the edge of the image, a Super Multi-Layer coating has also been implemented to reduce flare and ghosting in order to produce high contrast and sharp images even when shooting in backlit conditions; fast f/1.4 aperture that performs exceptionally well in low-light conditions and attractive bokeh all thanks to its rounded 9-blade diaphragm.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens’ is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Prime wide-angle 20mm f/1.4 lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, and can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 30mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Two FLD, five SLD, and two aspherical elements have been incorporated within the lens design to correct for chromatic aberrations throughout the entire focusing range and help to ensure high image sharpness, clarity, and contrast regardless of focus point or aperture setting. This optical design also helps to control distortion and limit vignetting.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps to produce an attractive out-of-focus quality.
- Fixed petal-shaped lens hood helps to reduce lens flare when working in strong lighting conditions and also offers some protection to the front element of the lens.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.