The Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens is an all-rounder lens with high optical quality, that covers about everything from standard to hyper-telephoto, and also the world’s first 10x optical telephoto zoom lens with a tele end of 600mm – definitely meeting the most stringent needs of a professional photographer. Taking this lens out to the wild or on sport grounds will be an absolute pleasure as you can capture subjects that are up close to you or even distant subjects, and with this comes Intelligent Optical Stabilization with the latest algorithm to deliver an image stabilization effect of 4 stops; a high-speed Autofocus, thanks to its brilliant HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) which is perfect to capture rapid moving subjects. Other top qualities of this include three FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements and one SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element to effectively correct magnification chromatic aberration – offering both high resolution and consistent edge to edge performance throughout the entire zoom range; water- and oil-repellent coating; dust-proof and splash-proof construction and a zoom lock switch that’s incorporated in the lens.
- The Sigma’s Sports line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to offer excellent optical performance, speed, and other customizable features that make it an ideal choice for wildlife, sports, action, and other fast-moving subjects.
- Wide-ranging super telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however is also suitable for APS-C models where it provides a 96-960mm equivalent focal length range.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element and three F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy, as well as spherical aberrations for reduced distortion and improved sharpness throughout the zoom range.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Front and rear lens elements have been treated with a water- and oil-repellent coating to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- An Intelligent Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Tripod collar has a rotating design and the replaceable foot is Arca-type compatible for easy mounting.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
- Compatible with optional Sigma 1.4x and 2x teleconverters.