Prized for event, portraiture, and sports shooting, the Canon EF-mount Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Sports Lens is a flexible telephoto zoom characterized by its bright and sophisticated design. The Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 DG OS HSM Sports lens combines all stringent features that professional photographers require, for the use of Canon EF-Mount Full-Frame systems, and also the first ever-evolving 70-200mm lens to feature in the Sports line – with a high optical quality, a robust design and excellent handling. The high-performance Sigma 70-200mm lens sports a magnesium alloy body that’s light in weight; Intelligent Optical Stabilization with an acceleration sensor an updated algorithm to achieve panning in all directions; high-speed autofocus, which is all thanks to its HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor). The lens also utilises 10 exclusive low-dispersion glass elements that includes 9 FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements and 1 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element in order to deliver excellent correction of colour aberration; water- and oil-repellent coating on both front and rear lenses; dust- and splash-proof structure with special sealing applied to the manual focus ring, mount connection, zoom ring, and cover connection – making it the perfect lens to operate in all weather conditions, and a rounded 11-blade diaphragm that produces astonishing bokeh effects.
- As part of the Sports line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to offer excellent optical performance, speed, and other customizable features that make it an ideal choice for wildlife, sports, action, and other fast-moving subjects.
- Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however is also suitable for APS-C models where it provides a 112-320mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element and nine F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy, as well as spherical aberrations for reduced distortion and improved sharpness throughout the zoom range.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Front and rear lens elements have been treated with a water- and oil-repellent coating to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- An Intelligent Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Tripod collar has a rotating design and the replaceable foot is Arca-type compatible for easy mounting.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
- Compatible with optional Sigma 1.4x and 2x teleconverters.