Enjoy breath-taking and razor-sharp images with the all new mid-telephoto range Sigma Macro 70mm f/2.8 EX DG Art Lens, that’s designed for full frame and APS-C Canon EF-Mount cameras and ready for 50+ megapixel sensors. A long-awaited macro lens has now arrived with impressive optical performance, whereas previous Sigma lenses has lacked this function of producing incredible clarity.
Improved specs and features include a large f/2.8 aperture to produce impressive bright images with attractive bokeh all thanks to its rounded 9-blade diaphragm, the coreless DC motor to produce enhanced image quality while an optimized algorithm helps deliver an extremely smooth auto focus, the optical system incorporates two FLD glass elements, two SLD glass elements and one element with a high rate of anomalous partial dispersion which all contributes to a better resolution when photographing up close subjects and minimised flare and ghosting even when shooting in back lit conditions.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Short-telephoto prime, this lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 112mm equivalent focal length.
- Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements, two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements, and one anomalous partial dispersion/high refractive index element are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- True macro design affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a 10.2″ minimum focusing distance to suit working with close-up subjects.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Coreless DC motor is used for quick and accurate autofocus performance. Additionally, an updated focusing algorithm, full-time manual focus override, large angle of rotation, and focus-by-wire system enable increased and controllable focus adjustment.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Compatible with optional EM-140 DG Macro Ring Flash when used in conjunction with the separate 65mm Macro Flash Adapter for even lighting as close working distances.
- Compatible with optional TC-1401 and TC-2001 Teleconverters to extend the effective focal length of the lens while retaining autofocus functionality.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||34.3°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||10.16″ / 25.8 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 49 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.79 x 4.17″ / 70.8 x 105.8 mm|