Extending the effective focal length of the Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens, this Nikon F-mount Teleconverter 1.4x renders this telephoto zoom as a 210-840mm f/7.1-9 lens. The dedicated design retains full communication between the lens and Nikon F-mount cameras, including auto-exposure metering, autofocus at select focal lengths, and Vibration Compensation image stabilization, and a BBAR coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for maintained image quality. Additionally, this teleconverter also features a dust- and moisture-resistant construction, matching the lens, to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- 1.4x teleconverter extends the reach of the 150-600mm lens by 40% with only a one-stop loss in exposure.
- BBAR coating maintains image quality by reducing flare, reflections, and ghosting.
- Dedicated design retains full electronic communication between the lens and camera to support AE and VC functions, as well as autofocus at select focal lengths depending on specific camera’s autofocus sensitivity.
- When attached to the SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens, the maximum magnification will change from 1:3.9 to 1:2.8.
- Weather-resistant design matches the construction of the 150-600mm lens itself for use in inclement conditions.
|Optical Design||6 Elements in 3 Groups|
|Light Loss||1 Stop|
|Length||1.3″ / 32.3 mm|
|Diameter||2.5″ / 63.5 mm|
|Weight||6.3 oz / 178.6 g|