Extending the effective focal length of the Tamron SP 150-600mm f5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens, this Nikon F-mount Teleconverter 2.0x renders this telephoto zoom as a 300-1200mm f/10-14 lens. The dedicated design retains communication between the lens and Nikon F-mount cameras, including auto-exposure metering and Vibration Compensation image stabilization, and both one low dispersion element and a BBAR coating has also been incorporated to maintain image quality. Additionally, this teleconverter also features a dust- and moisture-resistant construction, matching the lens, to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- 2.0x teleconverter doubles the reach of the 150-600mm lens with only a two-stop loss in exposure.
- One low dispersion element is included in the optical design to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing.
- BBAR coating maintains image quality by reducing flare, reflections, and ghosting.
- Dedicated design retains electronic communication between the lens and camera to support AE and VC functions.
- When attached to the SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens, the maximum magnification will change from 1:3.9 to 1:2.
- Weather-resistant design matches the construction of the 150-600mm lens itself for use in inclement conditions.
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 5 Groups|
|Light Loss||2 Stop|
|Length||2.6″ / 65.0 mm|
|Diameter||2.5″ / 63.5 mm|
|Weight||10.8 oz / 306.2 g|