Sony ZV-E10 Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens | Black
Sony ZV-E10 Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens | Black
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K30p and Full HD 120p Video
- 3.0" Side Flip-Out Touchscreen LCD
- 425-Point Fast Hybrid AF
- Up to 11-fps Shooting, ISO 100-32000
- Real-Time Eye AF and Tracking
- Background Defocus & Face Priority AE
- Directional 3-Capsule Mic and Windscreen
- Headphone and Microphone Ports
- E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
Sony has released the Alpha ZV-E10, their first APS-C format mirrorless interchangeable E-mount lens Vlogging camera kit with the 16-50mm lens. The camera features a number of creator-friendly features including a Vari-Angle Touchscreen for vlogging, 4K/30p video and Real-time Eye Autofocus, along with a 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor. You’ll also find a handy tally light when recording selfies and a directional microphone with wind screen is included to clearly capture your voice while recording.
- Rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot touchscreen LCD features a side flip-out design that is ideal for filming yourself or taking selfies in a natural and intuitive manner.
- Side-opening screen allows for a redesigned top plate, which incorporates a directional 3-capsule microphone that is specifically designed for forward-directional audio recording. Also, a dedicated wind screen for the built-in mic is included to help achieve cleaner audio when working outdoors. It attaches using the supplied wind screen adapter, which mounts into the shoe mount on the top of the camera and holds the wind screen to the side.
- Both 3.5mm microphone and headphone ports are also featured for more advanced audio recording, and the Multi Interface Shoe also benefits audio recording capabilities. This accessory shoe supports a digital audio interface that helps to achieve lower noise during recording and also eliminates cable clutter and the need for external power when working with compatible shoe-mounted mics.
- Front tally lamp serves as a visual indicator for when recording is occurring. Also, the LCD can display a red border frame to further serve as an additional recording indicator.
- Live streaming is possible directly from the camera simply by connecting the camera to a computer or compatible mobile device via USB, allowing the camera's video and audio capabilities to be used for live social media and video conferencing. UVC and UAC standards are supported for improved picture and sound quality during streaming.
Specialized Shooting Modes
- Product Showcase setting is ideal for vlogging and product review or demonstration videos and allows for quick and smooth focus transitions between a subject's face and an object placed in front of the lens.
- Face-Priority AE detects the subject's face and adjusts the exposure to ensure the face is depicted in an ideal brightness, even if walking from a bright place into shade. The AE technology also suppresses abrupt changes in exposure if the subject quickly turns away from the frame to eliminate unexpected blown-out or extremely dark shots.
- Refined color science helps to optimize skin tones for any subject, in both still and video modes, in order to achieve a healthy and natural look that is inclusive of different ages, genders, and ethnicity.
- Soft Skin Effect can be used to soften and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on a subject's face to create a natural, smooth complexion. The default setting is Mid and can be adjusted to Off, Low, or Hi. For longer takes, extended continuous video recording is available when setting the Auto Power OFF Temp. function to High.
- Background Defocus lets you immediately switch to the maximum aperture setting of the attached lens, using a custom button function, for isolating your subject using shallow depth of field and bokeh.
- Movie footage can be tagged with specific metadata to indicate vertical recording orientation for direct playback in smartphone apps or for other instances when vertical video playback is needed.
- Active SteadyShot is an advanced image stabilization mode that ensures steady video while moving, even when handheld shooting while walking.
Image Quality, Autofocus, and 4K Video
- A revised APS-C-format 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor realizes smooth, nuanced image quality with minimal noise and high sensitivity from ISO 100-32000, which can further be expanded to ISO 51200 for working in low-light conditions.
- The sensor dimensions are approximately 3x larger than a 1" sensor, and up to 10x larger than some smartphone sensors, enabling greater sensitivity, reduced noise, and improved control over depth of field.
- The sensor and BIONZ X processor combination also avails a top continuous-shooting rate of 11 fps with AF and AE and permits 14-bit raw file output for a wide tonal and color scale.
4K Video Recording
- UHD 4K video recording is possible up to 30p and uses full pixel readout with 6K oversampling to yield greater detail with reduced moiré and aliasing. Full HD 1080p recording is also supported in frame rates up to 120 fps, and both resolutions utilize the 100 Mb/s XAVC S format contained within an MP4 wrapper with 4:2:0 sampling. In addition to high-resolution internal recording, uncompressed HDMI output also enables the use of an optional external recorder for clean 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling.
- No recording limit for movie recording, allowing for longer takes and uninterrupted shooting of live events.
- Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the ZV-E10 allows users to adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high-end Sony Cinema cameras, which squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional Rec. 709, for increased post-production flexibility. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
- Slow & Quick (S&Q) mode allows shooters to capture Full HD video at specified steps between 1-120 fps. These settings will allow you to slow down action as well as speed up a slow-moving scene.
- Interval shooting mode is ideal for creating time-lapse movies with the aid of Imaging Edge software. Intervals can be selected between 1-60 seconds for recording up to 9999 sequential free. Also, in-camera battery charging is possible via the USB port using a portable battery to benefit long interval shooting sessions.
Physical Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Built for portable applications and one-handed use, the camera incorporates a large right-hand grip and intuitive physical control layout.
- Grip design, along with the vari-angle LCD, also suits working from front-facing angles, such as when vlogging or taking selfies.
- Integrated zoom lever surrounds the shutter button and works in conjunction with select Power Zoom lenses.
- Vari-angle screen can be closed against the body, with the screen facing inward, to automatically power off the camera even when the power switch is set to 'On'.
- Dedicated Movie Record, Background Defocus, Product Showcase, and S&Q buttons provide direct access to common features used by vloggers.
- Included NP-FW50 battery is rated for up to 440 shots or approximately 125 minutes of recording per charge. Power can also be supplied to the camera through the USB Type-C port or by using the optional AC-PW20AM AC adapter.
Wireless and Sharing
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity enables instant transferring of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and, using Smart Remote Control, remotely control the camera's shutter release.
- The ZV-E10 is also compatible with the Movie Edit add-on from the Imaging Edge mobile app.
- Bluetooth connectivity enables connecting to the optional GP-VPT2BT Wireless Shooting Grip for efficient camera control.
E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
The included E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS lens is a 24-75mm-equivalent zoom characterized by its versatile range and sleek, retractable design. Helping to deliver excellent optical quality throughout the range are an extra-low dispersion element and four aspherical elements to combat various aberrations and improve contrast. The lens also incorporates Optical SteadyShot image stabilization and a power zoom mechanism, both of which will help you capture smooth and steady stills and video. Additionally, it has an internal focus design, a minimum focus distance of 9.8", and uses a 7-blade aperture for smooth bokeh.
- The sensor's design incorporates a 425-point Fast Hybrid AF system, which blends both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods to achieve focusing performance that is fast, natural, and accurate.
- The on-chip focusing system covers 84% of the sensor field and is capable of achieving focus in as little as 0.02 sec.
- Real-time Eye AF can prioritize focusing on human or animal eyes for ensured sharpness when making portraits. When selected, this function is activated by half-pressing the shutter button and you can further choose to prioritize either the right or left eye.
- Real-time tracking utilizes AI-based algorithms to automatically recognize and track moving subjects. If Face/Eye Priority AF is on, this tracking method will further track a subject's eye or face in real time with seamless changing depending on the status of the moving subject.
In the box
- Sony Alpha ZV-E10 Camera Body
- Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 Power Zoom Lens with end caps
- Directional microphone and Wind Screen
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50
- AC Adaptor
- Shoulder strap
- USB-A to USB-C cable (USB 2.0)
- Wind Screen Adaptor
- Body cap
- Power cord
Sony ZV-E10 Specs
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 25 Megapixel
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel (6000 x 4000)
|Sensor Type||23.5 x 15.6 mm (APS-C) CMOS|
|Image Stabilization||Digital (Video Only)|
|Built-In ND Filter||None|
|Capture Type||Stills & Video|
|Shutter Type||Electronic Shutter, Mechanical Focal Plane Shutter|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter
1/4000 to 30 Seconds
1/4000 to 1/4 Second in Movie Mode
|Bulb/Time Mode||Bulb Mode|
100 to 32,000 in Auto Mode (Extended: 50 to 51,200)
100 to 3200
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Multi-Zone, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||-2 to 20 EV|
|White Balance||Presets: Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature Filter, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 11 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 116 Frames (JPEG) / 46 Frames (Raw)|
|Image Sizes||1:1 Raw
4000 x 4000
6000 x 4000
5328 x 4000
6000 x 3376
4000 x 4000
2832 x 2832
2000 x 2000
6000 x 4000
4240 x 2832
3008 x 2000
5328 x 4000
3776 x 2832
2656 x 2000
6000 x 3376
4240 x 2400
3008 x 1688
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Recording Modes||XAVC S 4:2:0 8-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p [60 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.98p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p [16 to 100 Mb/s]
|Gamma Curve||HDR-HLG, Sony S-Log 2, Sony S-Log 3|
|Recording Limit||Unlimited for UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 29.97p|
|Built-In Microphone Type||Stereo|
|Audio Recording||XAVC S: 2-Channel LPCM Audio|
|External Recording Modes||4:2:2 8-Bit via HDMI
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 29.97p
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick Duo Hybrid (UHS-I)|
|Video I/O||1 x Micro-HDMI Output|
|Audio I/O||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Headphone Output
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Microphone Input
|Other I/O||1 x USB-C (USB 3.2 / 3.1 Gen 1) Input/Output (Shared with Power Input)|
|Power I/O||1 x USB Type-C Input/Output|
|Global Positioning (GPS, GLONASS, etc.)||None|
|Display Type||Articulating Touchscreen LCD|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Automatic, Continuous-Servo AF, Direct Manual Focus, Manual Focus, Single-Servo AF|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 425
Contrast Detection: 425
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-3 to +20 EV|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Fill Flash, Off, Rear Sync, Slow Sync|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/160 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Intelligent Hot Shoe|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 40°C|
|Battery Type||1 x NP-FW50 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1080 mAh (Approx. 440 Shots)|
|Power Consumption||<2 W|
|Tripod Mounting Thread||1 x 1/4"-20 Female (Bottom)|
|Accessory Mount||1 x Hot Shoe Mount|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||115.2 x 64.2 x 44.8 mm|
|Weight||343 g (With Battery, Recording Media)|
|Focal Length||16 to 50mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 75mm)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.5 to 5.6|
|Minimum Aperture||f/22 to 36|
|Angle of View||83° to 32°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||25 cm|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Filter Size||40.5 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||64.7 x 29.9 mm|
We Also Recommend
Canon EOS M6 Mark Mirrorless Digital Camera with 15-45mm Lens