Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope Bundle
Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope Bundle
- 125mm Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- 1250mm Focal Length, f/10 Focal Ratio
- StarBright XLT Optical Coating System
- Single-Fork Motorized GoTo Alt-Az Mount
- 25mm Eyepiece and StarPointer Finder
- SkyAlign Alignment Technology
- NexStar+ Computer Hand Controller
- 40,000+ Object Database with Sky Tours
- Stainless Steel Tripod
- Includes: Observing The Night Sky (Paperback Book), Celestron Elements Thermotorch 3 Astro Red, Celestron Lunar and Planetary Filter Set - 1.25"
Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope is a powerful, versatile, and user-friendly Schmidt-Cassegrain-style scope that can be used for observing everything from the Moon and planets to bright deep-sky objects like stars, galaxies, and nebulae. Using Celestron's proprietary StarBright XLT multi-coating system, light transmission is increased throughout the entire optical path with anti-reflection multi-coated lenses, highly reflective multi-coated mirrors, and crown optical glass elements. While the focal ratio is a relatively slow f/10, the mount's precision tracking system and integrated equatorial wedge allow it to be a competent astrophotography imaging platform for the Moon and planets.
Driving the dual servo motors on the mount is the brain of the NexStar 5SE: the iconic NexStar+ computer hand controller. Packed with 40,000+ celestial objects, it can hold up to 100 additional user-defined destinations and is updatable via the Celestron website. It has multiple alignment procedures to get you observing fast—including the super-easy SkyAlign system. Capable of being used in the Northern or Southern Hemispheres, the NexStar has sidereal, lunar, and solar tracking speeds to accurately follow near- and deep-sky objects, plus nine slew speeds and the ability to automatically trigger a camera's shutter release for Fastar or piggyback wide-field photography or conventional prime-focus astrophotography.
View the Universe’s Most Impressive Celestial Objects
The 5SE’s five-inch primary mirror packs enough light-gathering ability to observe the best that the solar system has to offer: Saturn’s rings, the cloud bands on Jupiter, and geographic features on the surface of the Moon. When it comes to deep sky objects, take your 5SE to a dark-sky site and you’ll see hundreds of pinpoint stars in the Hercules Globular Cluster, the spiral arms of the Whirlpool Galaxy, and more.
Revolutionary Single Fork Arm Mount
We know the best telescope is the one you will use most often. That’s why Celestron’s engineers created NexStar SE’s unique, patented single fork arm mount. It’s perfectly portable and makes setup quick and easy. What’s more, the NexStar SE breaks down into several lightweight and compact pieces, making it easy to transport, even in small vehicles. You’ll have no problem getting the NexStar SE to your favorite observing site, or setting it up quickly in your backyard.
Of course, it’s what’s inside the mount that really counts. Sturdy construction from high-quality components give NexStar SE the pointing and tracking accuracy needed to observe and follow your favorite targets with push-button ease. Use the included NexStar+ hand control to locate over 40,000 celestial objects, or take a Sky Tour and let your telescope show you the best objects currently visible.
Aligning your telescope is simple and painless, too, thanks to SkyAlign. This process makes alignment as easy as 1-2-3: just center three bright objects in your eyepiece and press ALIGN. For even easier alignment, attach our StarSense AutoAlign and your NexStar SE aligns itself!
Advanced Features Let the NexStar SE Grow with You
The NexStar SE is compatible with all the high-tech accessories advanced users love. Provide GPS coordinates to your telescope with SkySync, or add automatic alignment functionality with StarSense AutoAlign.
If you want to explore the world of astroimaging, the 5SE is a perfect choice. Its built-in wedge allows you to track long exposures. You can even remove the telescope’s secondary mirror and replace it with a DSLR or astronomical CCD camera for wide field images captured at f/2 using a Fastar/HyperStar lens assembly. Or, if you’re interested in imaging the Moon and planets, pair your NexStar 5SE with one of our Skyris cameras. From your first observing session and for years to come, the NexStar SE is your trusted companion.
- Celestron’s iconic “orange tube” design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- 5-inch aperture provides excellent light-gathering ability at an affordable price. You’ll get impressive views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula, while retaining a compact form factor.
- Fully automated GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
- Unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
Included in Bundle
Celestron Elements Thermotorch 3 Astro Red -
- Celestron Elements ThermoTorch 3 Astro Red is your must-have outdoor tool. This 3-in-1 device features a 3-mode red flashlight, a hand warmer, and a portable power bank for recharging your personal electronics on the go. Whether you use it to light the way at an astronomy star party, a night walk, or wildlife research, ThermoTorch 3 Astro Red’s rugged, IPX4-rated design will withstand your everyday activities.
- The ThermoTorch 3 Astro Red flashlight is perfect for nighttime use. The red LED light provides useful illumination while preserving your night vision we’ve even changed the power button and battery charge indicator lights from the usual Elements blue to red! The flashlight features 3 modes of red-light illumination, and will light the way for a total of 15 hours of light on a single charge. Unlike traditional flashlights, ThermoTorch 3 Astro Red features an internal lithium battery, so you can recharge it hundreds of times without spending money on batteries.
- If your hands get cold, take advantage of the hand warmer function, which provides up to 4 hours of continuous heat. The flashlight and hand warmer can be used simultaneously if desired.
- When your mobile devices need an extra boost of power, just plug them into the unit’s 5V-2.1A charging port. ThermoTorch 3 Astro Red works with any 5V DC device, including smartphones, tablets, action cameras, MP3 players, and more.
- If you own multiple Celestron Elements C-Link enabled devices, you can connect them to provide even more power using the C-Link feature. Connecting other Celestron C-Link enabled power banks to the ThermoTorch 3 Astro Red you can extend the hand warmer’s total operation time to 16 hours.
- Anytime you need to keep your eyes dark adapted, the ThermoTorch 3 Astro Red will keep you going with light, heat, and power. It is a true workhorse of an accessory and an indispensable addition to your adventure pack or telescope kit.
Celestron Lunar and Planetary Filter Set - 1.25"
- Colored filters can be used to bring out details on a planet’s surface or its cloud structure. All of the planetary filters included in the Celestron Lunar and Planetary Filter Set can be used on any 1.25” eyepiece with the proper filter threads, so they are very versatile. Just screw one onto the eyepiece of choice and slide it into the focuser.
This Celestron filter set includes the following colors:
- 12 Deep Yellow - A good general purpose filter for smaller aperture telescopes (less than 4.5”), the #12 Yellow will improve the contrast of features on the Moon. It will also help you see the equatorial belts on Jupiter and Saturn, clouds and the polar ice caps on Mars, and the dusky detail on Uranus and Neptune.
- 21 Orange - Sharpens the boundaries along the plains of Mars due to the reduction of blue/green transmissions. Use on Jupiter and Saturn to enhance detail in the belts and polar regions.
- 80A Blue - Enhances the contrast of the cloud belts on Jupiter and the polar ice caps on Saturn. It also can be used to increase contrast on the Moon if you don’t mind the color shift.
- ND-96-0.3 Neutral Density - A great filter for the Moon, and for stacking with other planetary filters to increase density without changing the color. A neutral density filter is also useful when splitting binary star systems (double stars). Use anytime you want to decrease brightness but don’t want to affect the color characteristics of an object.
Each Celestron 1.25” filter has 26mm of clear aperture, and is mounted in a black anodized aluminum cell that is threaded on both sides. Double threads allow the user to stack different filters together to create a custom color or affect the transmission percentage. Special coatings on each filter protect against reflections, ghosting, and scratches. A plastic case is included to keep your filters safe when not in use.
In the Box
- Celestron NexStar 5SE Computerized Telescope
- Celestron StarPointer Finderscope
- Celestron The Sky CD-ROM Software for Windows
- 25mm Eyepiece
- 90° Star Diagonal
- Tripod with Accessory Tray
Celestron NexRemote Control Software CD for Computerized Celestron Telescopes
Celestron 5SE Specs
|Optical Design||Schmidt Cassegrain|
|Aperture||125 mm / 4.9"|
|Focal Length||1250 mm|
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter||1.25"|
|Optical Tube Dimensions||Length: 13" / 33 cm|
|Type||Motorized; Alt-Azimuth Single Fork|
|GoTo Capability||Yes, NexStar|
|Material of Tripod||Stainless Steel|
|Batteries||8 x AA|
|Weight||10 lb / 4.5 kg (Tripod)
17.6 lb / 8 kg (Fully Assembled)