Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 114AZ 114mm f/9 AZ Reflector Telescope
Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 114AZ 114mm f/9 AZ Reflector Telescope
- Use Smartphone App for Star Navigation
- Follow Directions to Find Great Objects
- Advanced Precise Alignment Algorithm
- Powerful 114mm Reflector Optical Tube
- Manual Alt-Azimuth Yoke Mount
- Includes 40x & 100x 1.25" Eyepieces
- 1.25" 2x Barlow Lens
- Adjustable-Height Aluminum Tripod
- StarSense Explorer App for Android/iOS
Celestron has reinvented the manual telescope with StarSense Explorer—the first telescope that uses your smartphone to analyze the night sky and calculate its position in real time. StarSense Explorer is ideal for beginners thanks to the app’s user-friendly interface and detailed tutorials. It’s like having your own personal tour guide of the night sky.
StarSense Explorer works with most modern smartphones, including iPhone 6 and up and most devices running Android 7.1.2 or later manufactured since 2016.
Exploring the wonders of the universe is as simple as 1-2-3:
1. Dock your smartphone
2. Launch the StarSense Explorer smartphone app
3. Observe the moon, planets, stars, and more
Patented StarSense Sky Recognition Technology
StarSense Explorer uses patented technology and your smartphone to determine exactly where the telescope is pointed in the night sky. A Lost in Space Algorithm (LISA), like the ones satellites use in orbit to correctly orient themselves, helps the app match star patterns it detects overhead to its internal database.
While other astronomy apps may claim that they can help you find objects, they rely exclusively on the phone’s gyros and accelerometers, which aren’t as accurate as LISA technology. No other app can accurately tell you when your target is visible in the eyepiece.
Sturdy Altazimuth Mount
StarSense Explorer LT’s simple altazimuth mount makes it easy to move the telescope to find your target. An altitude slow motion adjustment with a sliding rod helps you fine tune the telescope’s pointing position and follow targets as they appear to drift across the night sky. It’s all anchored by an adjustable, full-height tripod.
Dazzling Views with High Quality Optics
With a large 114mm (4.5”) objective lens, this telescope has enough light gathering ability to bring out detail in celestial objects. You can expect sharp, bright views of Jupiter’s four Galilean moons, its cloud bands and Great Red Spot, the rings of Saturn, the trapezium in the Orion Nebula, and beautiful Pleaides Open Star Cluster.
Perfect for the City or Dark Sky Sites
Even if you live in a light polluted city location, StarSense Explorer is advanced enough to be able to pick out Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, the Orion Nebula, double stars, and a few more of the most famous celestial objects.
But if you can take the telescope to an even slightly darker location, more objects will become visible. With this 4.5” Newtonian and relatively dark skies, the Andromeda Galaxy, Hercules Open Star Cluster, and so many more are easily within your reach.
The entire telescope kit weighs just 10.4 pounds, so it’s perfectly portable and easy to bring on your next camping trip or to a remote observing site.
Everything You Need to Observe Immediately
When you unbox your new StarSense Explorer LT, you’ll find:
- 114mm Newtonian reflector optical tube
- StarSense dock for your smartphone
- Low powered (25mm) and high powered (10mm) eyepiece
- 2x Barlow lens to double the power of each eyepiece
- StarPointer red dot finderscope, perfect for using the telescope during the day or without the StarSense Explorer app
- Altazimuth mount with slow motion control rod
- Full-height tripod with an accessory tray to keep you organized
- Download StarSense Explorer app from the Google Play (Android) store or App Store (iPhone)
- Place an Android smartphone or iPhone in the included StarSense Explorer dock
- 2-minute procedure to align the phone with the telescope
- App generates a list of celestial objects currently visible
- Select the object to view and arrows appear onscreen, guiding the user as they move the telescope
- When the object is ready to view, the bullseye turns green
- The StarSense app utilizes a "Lost in Space Algorithm" (LISA) to accurately calculate the current location and orientation by using the phone's GPS data, gyroscopic input, and camera to map the night sky and compare it to the app's database to accurately align and orient the scope and determine what is visible overhead
- App is self-contained; no cell signal required for use far off the grid
Optical Tube Assembly
- Large 114mm f/9 aperture to view the moon, planets, stars, globular clusters, and other bright deep-space objects
- Long 1000mm focal length produces a high magnification potential for a variety of applications
- Newtonian reflector optical design provides a large clear aperture without the restrictions on size experienced by refractor designs
- Highly reflective aluminum-coated mirrors improve light transmission, color rendition, and contrast
- Secondary mirror obstruction: 44mm (1.73"); 38% by diameter, 14% by area
- Resolution: 1.22 arcsec, Rayleigh; 1.02 arcsec, Dawes
- Reliable single-speed rack-and-pinion focuser
- Standard 1.25" holder accepts the most common size eyepieces and accessories, including the two eyepieces and Barlow lens in this kit
Mount and Tripod
- Manual alt-azimuth mount design is simple to set up and move by hand
- Control handle provides a precise way to move and track objects with reduced vibration
- Simple and sturdy yoke mounting offers stability and reduced vibration
- Adjustable-height aluminum tripod accommodates a variety of users and observing positions
- Maximum height of 52" (132cm) including mount
- Center tray holds accessories such as eyepieces and filters
Celestron StarSense Explorer Specs
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Aperture||114 mm / 4.5"|
|Focal Length||1000 mm|
|Resolution||1.22 Arcsec (Rayleigh)
1.02 Arcsec (Dawes)
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter||1.25"|
|Optical Tube Dimensions||24 x 5.8" / 61 x 14.7 cm|
|Material of Tripod||Aluminum|
|Weight||3 kg (OTA)
1.7 kg (Mount/Tripod)
4.7 kg (Fully Assembled)
We Offer Free Same-Day Delivery to All Our Local Gibraltar Customers…
Same-Day Delivery is Available on All Orders Placed Before 14:30 (Monday-Friday).
We Also Aim to Deliver on Saturday’s & Bank Holidays!
At Carlos, we endeavour to provide a seamless delivery service that allows you to continue shopping from the comfort of your home.
Getting you your order as soon as possible is a priority, however, same-day delivery is subject to the availability of our delivery team.
Our Delivery Team is Active During the Following Hours:
15:30 – 18:30 (Monday – Friday)
15:00 – 16:00 (Saturday’s & Bank Holidays)
If you experience any issues or have a query regarding our delivery service, please reach out to our customer service team: email@example.com
For Any Orders Outside of Gibraltar Please Contact Us Via One of the Following Methods:
WhatsApp: +350 200 78841
We Will Do Our Best To Attend Your Enquiry Within 24 Hours!