Sigma 100-400mm f5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens for Sony E
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/5 to f/29
- One FLD Element, Four SLD Elements
- Stepping Motor AF System
- 67mm Filter Diameter
The Sigma 100-400mm f5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens for Sony E is an ultra-telephoto zoom lens, being the first of its size designed for Sony E mount, full-frame mirrorless cameras. The lens is engineered to deliver outstanding optical performance and a wide variety of functionality in a compact construction, helping you to achieve really lightweight shooting wherever you travel.
Regardless of where you find yourself, whether it be out in the wildlife, or sports events, the Sigma 100-400mm f5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens for Sony E ensures edge-to-edge high-resolution and high-contrast image quality throughout its entire focal range. Some professional features include a short flange back distance - allowing the lens to achieve supreme combination of optical performance and compactness; an advanced stepping motor that is carefully designed to help achieve both phase detection AF and contrast AF; and a lens construction that consists of a variety of specialised elements, that includes 16 groups and 22 elements: one FLD and four SLDs that's used for the effective correction of aberrations and distortions.
The lens also consists of a full range of functionalities that enables smooth and easy ultra-telephoto shooting, all thanks to its powerful stepping motor optimised by the latest algorithm; a powerful Image Stabilisation (OS) of four steps built into the lens; an AFL button that allows you to assign select functions on the camera side; a focus limiter switch that enables optimising of the AF range; a Zoom lock switch; an OS switch that allows you to switch between Mode 1 for general photography and Mode 2 for motor sports or any other applications that involves panning.
Sigma 100-400mm f5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens for Sony E Features:
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, but can also work with APS-C models where it provides a 150-600mm equivalent focal length range.
- One F Low Dispersion (FLD) element and four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Optical image stabilization compensates for up to four stops of camera shake to help realize sharp imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- At the 100mm end of the zoom range, a minimum focusing distance of 3.7' is available, and at the 400mm end, the minimum focusing distance is 5.2' with a maximum magnification of 1:4.1.
- Integrated AFL button can be programmed to adjust various shooting settings and the lens also features a focus limiter switch for faster focusing performance within certain distance ranges. There is a zoom lock switch to prevent the barrel from accidentally extended.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity and rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount's design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Compatible with optional TS-111 Tripod Socket for working atop a tripod or monopod; the included PT-31 Protective Cover can be attached to the lens to maintain a seamless appearance if the tripod socket is not used.
|Focal Length||100 to 400mm|
|Maximum Aperture||f/5 to 6.3|
|Minimum Aperture||f/22 to 29|
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||24.4° to 6.2°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.1 m|
|Optical Design||22 Elements in 16 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Removable and Rotating (Optional)|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||86 x 197.2 mm|